Monday

A Brave New World

I stood before the Lord and, though standing in a large crowd, I felt as though He were looking directly at me. We had been led into the Temple and separated into two groups. The other group was spoken to first. Jesus scolded them for their mistreatment of Him. They protested back that they were innocent and had never even seen Him before. They were silenced by His reply and immediately led away. Jesus then looked directly at me. The others in the group would later say that He was looking directly at each of them. We all heard His voice in our own language. He thanked me for the kindness that I had shown to Him when He was hungry, thirsty, and in prison. At that moment I felt like there was no one else in the whole world but Jesus and me. His eyes where full of gratitude as if I had done some great thing for Him. I had never seen Him hungry, thirsty, or in prison. It is I that owed a debt to Him not Him to me. He pointed in a sweeping and hesitating motion toward a group of people standing very closely beside Him. I looked to see the faces of the whole group with which we had endured the Tribulation. There was Ezra, Tabitha, Pastor, Elisabeth, David, Jonathan, Jael, Isaac, Rebekah, Barzillai, and the orphans they had taken in all standing there close to Jesus. My mind was filled with the memories of how grateful they were when I would bring bags of food for them. The sight of the women's prison flashed in my mind as Jesus said, “You did it unto these my people, you did it unto me.” We were led out of the Temple and back to the airport. Ezra explained that we should return to our home and rest in peace. We boarded the plane and in just hours we were home again.
We were greeted by Trigger first thing. He seemed so glad to see us. The weather is perfect and the sky has been miraculously cleared up and has never looked so good. We sleep under the stars without fear of harm. Ants don't bite and bugs don't pester us. We have plenty to eat since everything we plant grows incredibly fast. We have chosen to live a simple life. We like to take long rides and help our neighbors with their projects. Our community consists of about 120 people. We all gather, everyone of us, to worship and sing praises to God. Our life is much like it was back in the late 1800's. We share with our neighbors. Helping one another is a joy. Once a year we travel for free to Jerusalem to see our Lord and Savior. He is so loving and kind. After we visit Jesus at the Temple we follow the line of people out of the city to the top of a hill where there is a horrible reminder of what happens to those who have chosen to be enemies of God. There is a window that allows you to look into the place where the wicked and the evil are imprisoned until judgment day. Many rush by this sight not wanting to see its horror. I look long and hard because if it were not for God's grace I would be there.
Noah and I are expecting our first child. We are so excited about this. The ladies of our community say it is twins and Noah believes it. We plan to have as many children as the Lord will bless us with. Noah says “two dozen would be great.” Farming is actually fun. God is blessing with perfect weather for farming. We have been eating only vegetables, for the most part, along with eggs and cheese. We have seen enough of death and can't bare to take a life any more. Winter was mild and there are things we can grow year round to eat. We do can foods for the winter but we always have food left over and to spare when harvest time comes round again. Everyone is healthy. There are no high blood pressure problems, no diabetes, no heart problems, no cancer. Doctors only treat cuts and minor injuries. There is no war anywhere and people live in safety and peace. There is virtually no crime. We have truly gone from the worst of times to the best of times. (Matthew 25; Isaiah 66; Isaiah 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment