Saturday

Tribman and Bills


Sorry I could not blog last week. I was just too busy. With all the road and bridge repairs due to the recent earthquakes it is hard to get around. First let me report some great news. Bill got saved last week! We were talking about old times when out of the blue he said he wanted me to help him with something. I said “sure, anything.” He said show me what the Bible says about how you can know if you're going to heaven when you die. I got out my Bible and in just a little bit he said he wanted to be saved and asked me if I would pray with him. I did and when we finished he said with a tear in his eye “Thank You, LORD!” I have seen more people saved this past week than I have seen in the past 10 years. Our church attendance is way up and the preacher is preaching three times as long as he did before and no one seems to mind at all. He is teaching us about the coming of the LORD and we hang on his every word. He has a steady stream of people through his office wanting to know more and many wanting to be saved. He says they even come to his house and I asked him if he was getting any sleep to which he replied “I'll rest up there.”
I cashed in my 401k and it should be direct deposited in about a month. I hate to loose all that money because of early withdrawal but it's better than losing it all. The “Covenant” will do away with cash in less than two years and we will all be on the Acme so I have refined my shopping list and have already started buying, with cash, what we will need. Between the earthquakes, tornadoes, and hurricanes the stores stay sold out of a lot of the items we need. I truly thank God for small "Mom and Pop" stores that don't have security cameras and don't keep records. If I had listened to you guys I would not be having this problem. I guess I should quit kicking myself about that. The picture is of our pad and it definitely is not a second honeymoon suite. It does not look like much from the outside and that is the way we want it to look, vacant. It is out of sight from the road and only our children know of its location. We have a good tent and due to the danger the frequent earthquakes pose we will spend most nights in it. Living like Abraham did will not be so bad. For the first time in my life I will truly feel like a pilgrim on the earth. We will enjoy our house for as long as we can. I have prepaid our electric bill so we will have a sizable credit with them, enough to last a year or so. They seemed more than happy for me to overpay our bill. I have done the gas bill and internet service the same way but the water bill can only be pay as you go. I figure we can live here for the first year of the second half and then we will have to move to the pad. ….Whoa got to run, earth is shaking bad. I can see why Jesus called this time “the beginning of sorrows.”
(Matthew 24:4-8) (Romans 10:13)

2 comments:

  1. odd question... what's happening in France now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot has been going on in Europe. The center of AC's activities are there and the French just love him. Almost no one there has voiced negative things about him. What ever he askes they do without debate or question unlike here in the U.S. where there are more S's.

    ReplyDelete