Saturday

The Beasts of the Earth.


We were attacked by a coyote yesterday. We had gone to the Pad to drop off a load and when I saw him come through the door I grabbed the shovel and charged at him. He was suppose to be afraid and run away but instead he lunged at me and I caught him in mid-flight with a blow from the shovel. It stunned him enough that I got in a second hit to the head and killed him. I would have normally thought he was rabid but all of the news I have seen lately indicates that wildlife attacks on humans have dramatically increased due to the shortage of food even in the wild. I have a shotgun but am afraid to use it. I do not want to draw attention to our Pad.
I almost hate to pick up the ear piece to the foxhole radio anymore since the news seems to always be bad. I never dreamed that here in the USA people would be dying by the thousands from hunger. People are killing one another in food lines and the riots are killing more than the wars did. Tomorrow we will move permanently to the Pad. AC will be in complete control soon so the time is right to get out of here. We plan to leave everything in the house, as is, including some food in the pantry, and leave the car, (it has not been of much use to us anyway), in the driveway. The food left behind will help others and will throw off suspicion concerning our flight. They will think we are among the many who are missing from one of the many earthquake collapses. Our next door neighbor has been missing for a month now and his house has been looted. We will put our backpacks on and take off about 2:00 in the morning which will get us out of town unnoticed. It will take us three days to get to the Pad on foot. (I am so glad I took up the sport of hiking!) We will depend on the Lord to protect us from harm. I fear robbers more than animal attacks. I don't mind killing an attacking animal but just can't bring myself to kill someone who is hungry and just wanting our food.
Our health has been good and we have not fallen prey to the pandemic. It has been cool and raining since Victor came through. The Pad has survived the three hurricanes very well. It will be perfect hiking weather. Jesus said “pray that your flight be not in the winter...” and He has answered our prayers. We get to choose when to flee but the Jews have no Idea what is about to hit them. They think AC is their friend but he certainly is not. It will be more difficult to blog after the move. I will compose my blog entries ahead of time and then my connection to the Internet will only last a few minutes at the hot spot. It's the long walk to the hot spot that I dread. I will copy and paste your blogs and read them later so that I will not be online long. Thanks for sharing your experiences. They have been a big help. T.J.'s modified car was a brilliant idea.
I thank God that He revealed in His Holy Word how long this is going to last. Knowing how long has helped us to prepare. These are exciting times. I could not help but pause and watch a backyard wedding last week. People have adapted to hard times and chaos. They have chosen to go on with life as usual and seem very content to go about their daily lives not knowing what is about to befall the earth. Kind of sounds like those in the days of Noah.
I was asked about our children and want to let you know that they are fine and better prepared than we are. The grandkids, mostly the younger ones, are excited about their new homes and just love camping out. It all seems like a fun game to them. They trust their parents to take care of them so they have no worries. I trust the Lord to take care of us and our children and so I have no worries. The picture I have posted here is one I found on the Internet of a foxhole radio and is easy to make.
(Matthew 24:15-22; Revelation 6:7-8; 13:5; Luke 17:26-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment